Al's Pals

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Al's Pals

Post by TMBJon »

I don't see how this story is dragging Al into it. He just happens to have been the client John K was working for when some of these allegations happened. They asked Al about it and he said he had no idea. That's the beginning and end of his connection to the story. What makes anyone think that Al is being dragged into it? It doesn't reflect on him at all.
It is very sad that someone I've thought of as a titan of animation for my entire life has been revealed to be a pedophile, but that's part of the reckoning that has been happening over the last six months or so. A lot of people are finally getting their due.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
geeimanerd97

Post by geeimanerd97 »

TMBJon wrote:I don't see how this story is dragging Al into it. He just happens to have been the client John K was working for when some of these allegations happened. They asked Al about it and he said he had no idea. That's the beginning and end of his connection to the story. What makes anyone think that Al is being dragged into it? It doesn't reflect on him at all.
It is very sad that someone I've thought of as a titan of animation for my entire life has been revealed to be a pedophile, but that's part of the reckoning that has been happening over the last six months or so. A lot of people are finally getting their due.
All they said was that some of it happened during the production for the Music Video "Close But No Cigar", I feel like there was no need to reach out to him, they're not dragging him into anything.
5/17/18 - The Ridiculously Self-Indulgent Ill-Advised Vanity Tour
Teridax
Occasional

Post by Teridax »

I'm not surprized about John K. I've always heard he's self-important, a creep, and a jerk. And the CBNC video (combined with screencaps of Ren & Stimpy 'Adult Party Cartoon' as well as some of his lesser-known works) also convinced me he was a pervert. Looks like I was correct.

But that has nothing to do with Al. If anything, I bet Al's more disappointed by this news than any of us.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

*Al quietly disassociates from Chris Hardwick*
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

yankochick38 wrote:*Al quietly disassociates from Chris Hardwick*
HAHA! POINTS!
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

yankochick38 wrote:*Al quietly disassociates from Chris Hardwick*
Now that Chris is super-denying it and secretly leaking their texts to TMZ, I am starting to think Al might need to disassociate himself from Chris in a less-quiet way. It's not really Al's way to wade into things like this, but the accusations are now quite serious and there is a growing movement online for personal and professional associates of Chris to speak out.
Margarita
Occasional

Post by Margarita »

Tonight Al was on stage with Sparks:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqMVglaBFaY/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (slide to see the video)
SophieT
Occasional

Post by SophieT »

I just want to fan girl over Al and his pal Lin Manuel Miranda at the Hollywood Walk of Fame, today. :inlove: :wub: :inlove:
Besties :hug:
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

The guy Al parodies in the “Lousy Haircut” video has died. link

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!