Donald Trump presents… WOWAY Apprentice: Game Play Thread

Moderators: TMBJon, Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Donald Trump presents… WOWAY Apprentice: Game Play Thread

Post by TMBJon »

I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Donald Trump presents... WOWAY Apprentice: Game Play Thr

Post by TMBJon »

New York. My city.

The Big Apple.

Where the wheels of the global economy never stop turning.

The concrete metropolis of unparalleled strength and purpose that drives the business world.

If you’re not careful, it can chew you up and spit you out.

If you work hard, you can really make it big. And I mean really big...

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

I’m standing on top of Trump Tower, one of the most famous landmarks in the history of world civilization, to announce the start of an all new season of Apprentice with all new celebrities!

When I terminated my professional relationship with NBC, I vowed to find a new outlet for my highly rated reality series, and after talking to several very high level networks, I finally settled with one of the great online portals of the Internet:
World of Weird Al Yankovic (WOWAY) has over 6,000 members from around the world, and well over a million unique posts! The Trump Organization is pleased to partner with the the World of Weird Al Yankovic forum to bring you our new season of WOWAY Apprentice!

It’s going to be bigger! ...and better! ...than ever !

Who will be… the… WOWAY Apprentice???????
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

94 different celebrities... have risked it all…

for the chance... to be his Apprentice…

only 7 have succeeded…

This year we have two all new teams of WOWAY contestants…

For the men’s team…

From Moncton, New Brunswick, he’s WOWAY’s newest member... BullMoose
BullMoose wrote:I want to prove to the world that moose are people too! We can be great!
From Cleveland, Ohio, returning from the original cast of the so-called “Alprentice”... Kevbo1987
Kevbo1987 wrote:I know I have what it takes to impress Mr. Trump, and the rest of these losers need to get out of my way.
From Roy, Utah, the king of ratings... Muldernscully
Muldernscully wrote:Someone needs to put Donald in his place... and I'm the man who will do it.
From Mars, Pennsylvania, and fresh off the tourchasing beat... rangerbob
rangerbob wrote:I might as well be silly lol
From New Jersey, the possible lovechild of Marty Markowitz... tomatochives
tomatochives wrote:I was born into money. I spent said money. I declared bankruptcy. I killed my uncle and collected the inheritance. As a seasoned expert in financial strategy, I am without a doubt destined to be the next apprentice.
From Wisconsin, WOWAY Award-winning fake tracklister, Well, Well, Well
Well, Well, Well wrote:my motivation can be described in the famous quote by vince Lombardi: "winning is not only everything, it's the only thing."

And! For the women’s team…

From Ohio, the lovely… Abbeybunny
Abbeybunny wrote:I came here to win this! Don't doubt me!
From Cleveland, Ohio, the sweetheart… Annie27
Annie27 wrote:I think it sounds interesting and I want to win!
From Tampa, Florida, the beautiful… KatrinatheGood
KatrinatheGood wrote:I'm a nurse, so I’m not afraid to get down and dirty to get the job done!
All the way from Lithuania, the alluring… mellow weasel
mellow weasel wrote:I have no idea what this game is about but I'm going to win anyway!
From Frederickton, New Brunswick, the gorgeous… rockabillynurse
rockabillynurse wrote:A true WOWAY Apprentice must be bold. Brave. Shameless. Synergy. Upstream marketing. Powerpoint. Promotional material!
From Texas, the dazzling… Wizzerkat
Wizzerkat wrote:You young 'uns had better watch out because over 40 doesn't mean dead... It means I have more in my arsenal to beat my opponents.

It’s a brand new cast…

with all new tasks…

and the chance…. to Make WOWAY Great Again!

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Fourteen record-breaking seasons! Millions raised for charity! Running a national presidential campaign! And we’re still going strong!

Cue theme song:

Youtube
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Contestants! Welcome to Trump Tower!

This is the newest, most amazing section of the World of Weird Al Yankovic forum! It cost billions to build, but it’s already worth tens of billions more! I’m really, really rich, and I’m ahead in every single poll in the Republican primary for president. People around the world admire me, and my book, The Art of the Deal, is the best selling business book of all time.

Now we all know why we are here. To Make WOWAY Great Again. We’ve been talking about it, and it’s an ongoing conversation. But after all this talking, it’s time to finally take action.

For your first challenge, you have two major tasks:
First, you will need to come up with a team name and a logo for your team.
A good team name and logo are important for team branding and morale, so make this decision count. Some of the team names in Apprentice history have been: Vortex, Fortitude, Gold Rush, Synergy, Capital Edge, and Protégé. And when anthontherun hosted his dopey, pathetic ripoff, The Alprentice, the team names were "Mr. Trump’s Iron Lungs" and "The Bad Hair Days". Hopefully, you will come up with something better than all of those!!

Second, and most importantly, you are going to show that your team has the skills necessary to Make WOWAY Great Again by creating and maintaining a brand new thread on WOWAY. The success of your new thread will be judged by the WOWAY community, based on how many other members participate in your thread.
A great member of WOWAY doesn’t just post “me too” in someone else’s topic. They lead by creating new topics of conversation to engage the rest of the forum. That will be your goal for this challenge.

Now, my attorney, Michael Cohen, will explain the rules of this challenge, while I stand off to the side and send a out few tweets about Megyn Kelly...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Attorney Michael Cohen wrote:CHALLENGE #1: Make WOWAY Post Again
Your first challenge is to prove your team has what it takes to Make WOWAY Great Again by creating a new thread on WOWAY which encourages lively discussion. Your team has 48 hours to come up with an idea for a new thread on WOWAY. The two threads will be judged on their performance based on public engagement during their first five days of existence. Additionally, your team must post its new team name and team logo within the next 48 hours.

Here are the rules:
- No earlier than 9:00pm Eastern on Thursday, August 20, a member of your team must create a new thread on WOWAY. The new thread can be in any subforum you choose other than the Apprentice section, and its topic can be about anything at all. The first post must be made by a member of your team.

- As soon as your new thread is created, one member of your team must post on the WOWAY Apprentice Game Play thread with: 1) an announcement of your official Team Name and your team logo, which your team will carry with you the rest of the game, and 2) a link to your new thread.

- Your team will be awarded points as follows: for every reply posted by someone outside of your own team, your team will receive 10 points.

- Your team will receive 2 points for each like on any post in the topic.

- Your team will lose 5 points for each instance where someone on your own team likes a post in your thread.

- At some point before the deadline, each of the six members must post at least once in the thread. You can post as many times as you want beyond that, but you will lose 25 points for any member that does not post even once.

- If the judges determine that your thread is an exact ripoff of an already existing thread on the forum, you will lose 50 points.

- The first post in your new thread must contain your team name somewhere in the text, which will otherwise be about the intended purpose of the thread. If you fail to do this, you will lose 25 points.

- Nowhere in the thread can a member of your team mention the phrases “WOWAY Apprentice”, “Donald Trump”, or “Make WOWAY Great Again”, or allude to this competition in any other way (aside from the inclusion of your own team name, out of context, in the first post). If you do, you will lose 50 points.

- The winner of the contest will be the team that has the most points at the end of five days: Tuesday, August 25, at 11:00pm Eastern time. Any posts which are subsequently deleted, or likes which are subsequently unliked, before this deadline do not count toward your final score.

Be sure you are familiar with the rules for the entire game before beginning.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Thank you, Michael.

My advisor for this task will be my daughter, Ivanka Trump. Or as she’s known around here, yankochick38.
Isn’t she beautiful, fellas? Wow, she is truly gorgeous. She could be a model.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Thanks, dad. Just glad to be here. I look forward to working with all of you! :w
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

She really is amazing, I'll tell you...

Now, we’ve broken the teams up already into men vs. women. I don’t know why, it just works.
You know what I mean? It’s just a good dynamic. It feels right.

Men vs. Women. I like it.

Any questions?
It’s going to be great.

Nobody wants to be the first person fired.
You hear that, Muldernscully? You don’t wanna be the first one out, do ya?
Of course not.