CBB 501 - "Kevin Bacon"

For discussion Comedy Bang Bang shows that feature Al

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

CBB 501 - "Kevin Bacon"

Post by TMBJon »

The season 5 premiere of Comedy Bang Bang is now available on IFC.com, as tweeted by Al!!

Kevin Bacon Wears a Blue Button Down Shirt and Brown Boots:
http://www.ifc.com/video-embed?media_id ... FixPXxqR17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

[cue a dozen people complaining about country restrictions]

Looking forward to your thoughts. And don't miss my cameo!!

This goes without saying for the entire season, but feel free to ask me any burning Behind The Scenes questions you might have. I'll do my best to answer them!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: CBB 501 - "Kevin Bacon"

Post by yankochick38 »

OH MY smurfin' GOD

I'm watching but when the theme song part started I guess I kinda knew Al would redo it but it didn't click until I actually HEARD HIM DO IT AND OMG WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW I LOVE IT OMG
I flipped out so much I was bouncing around and I teared up and omg I'm gonna listen to that part again and CONTINUE

Uhhhh no spoiler tags here but possibly in the future :bigups:
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Awesome! Will watch later tonight!

So are we doing a new thread for each episode?
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Big Spoon wrote:So are we doing a new thread for each episode?
I think that makes sense. There's 20 of them, and a lot to unpack in each one!
The way I see it, if Velvet Elvis has its own topic, so should each CBB episode!
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Big Spoon wrote: So are we doing a new thread for each episode?
yankochick38 wrote: I'm thinking once the show starts, I'll (or Jon will or someone will) post new topics for every episode, so we can discuss and review each episode without comments about a certain episode getting lost amongst the others. This is important especially because there will be two episodes a night!! Double the Al, double the fun, double the bang! We will have much to discuss on every episode, I'm sure. :potato:
Yup! :Y
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Sorry, totally forgot about that post.
And Peggy
Big Spoon
Welp.
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)

Post by Big Spoon »

Loved this first episode! Can't wait for more.

- Question: Was this the Aulis' first time on the show? I've only seen a handful of episodes before (sorry, Jon!) and didn't recognize him.
- The Aulis jumping off the water cooler and hurting his ankles was great.
- Loved the cuts to Al's reactions throughout.
- "It’s okay - I’m a successful Hollywood actor." :lol:
- My favorite bit was probably Scott counting the gold to make sure Kevin Bacon hadn't stollen any, only to have to count again, as he had never counted it out before.
- Also loved Kevin being on the show simply to connect himself to Brad Pitt, only to forget that he was in Sleepers with him,
- Ben Schwartz and Matt Walsh were both fantastic in their roles. They're regulars, right?

This was fantastic. So great having Al on the show.
And Peggy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Big Spoon wrote:- Question: Was this the Aulis' first time on the show? I've only seen a handful of episodes before (sorry, Jon!) and didn't recognize him.
Yes, this is the one and only AULIS we've had on the show! The actor was John Milhiser, formerly of SNL.
Big Spoon wrote:- Loved the cuts to Al's reactions throughout.
There's lots of great ones throughout the season. My favorite from this episode is Al's reaction when Kevin looks to him for help in remembering Rodney's name.
Post Secret: Cutting to the bandleader's reaction is how we hide all of our edits!
Big Spoon wrote:- My favorite bit was probably Scott counting the gold to make sure Kevin Bacon hadn't stollen any, only to have to count again, as he had never counted it out before.
In one rough version of the episode, the joke about 300 being typical Hollywood trash was cut out. Al and I both voiced our support for the joke to Scott, and it was reinstated! (Not sure whether it was my support or Al's that put it back in. I'll assume mine!)
Big Spoon wrote:- Ben Schwartz and Matt Walsh were both fantastic in their roles. They're regulars, right?
Yep. Matt Walsh (who?) plays El Jefe Maninchargo, who is Scott's boss and appears several times per season. Ben Schwartz has appeared a few times as Rodney Wayber, Hollywood publicist.
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

So I've managed to watch it once and am not able to rewatch anything so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

I thought it was funny how easy and matter-of-fact Al's introduction was compared to Kid Cudi's - "Hey, I'm the new bandleader" "o hai" and then Scott's cries at the other guy leaving. :lol:

The opening part with the tiny rain cloud following Scott around was also funny.

And Kevin Bacon's efforts to connect himself with Brad Pitt only to realize he already was! Plus the weird fourth wall breaking acknowledgement that Haley Joel Osment plays Slow Joey.

I also had to laugh really hard at the Auris using the (for him of course) giant cell phone. :lol:

And here is my burning question :rolleyes: : When Al folds his leg up to find his shoelaces missing, is he really (still) that flexible or was there trickery? :lol:
Love and peace.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Sappho wrote:When Al folds his leg up to find his shoelaces missing, is he really (still) that flexible or was there trickery? :lol:
No trickery! That was all Al!