CBB 502 - "The Lonely Island"

For discussion Comedy Bang Bang shows that feature Al

Moderator: Moderators

yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Re: CBB 502 - "The Lonely Island"

Post by yankochick38 »

TMBJon wrote:Had to jump through a few hoops to make this available to everyone, but here is a deleted scene from this episode:

Youtube
This dance scene is THE BEST it should NEVER have been cut

WHO DEPRIVED US OF THIS UNTIL NOW
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Sailor-Polka-Moon
Addicted
Awards: Outstanding Achievement in Fan Artistry - Traditional (2015)

Post by Sailor-Polka-Moon »

AAAAAAAAAAAAA Jon, thank you for sharing that with us!!

It was brilliant and SHOULD have been kept in! Can we know why it was deleted? ;A;!!
If not, completely understand-- grateful enough that you shared the video! <33
Ai to warai no! SAILOR POLKA ☆ MOON!
Tsuki ni kawatte-- tanoshi mazettangeru!

8*11*15 - first concert ever ~ ♡ mandatory world tour 2015 ♡
6*9*16 - second time around ~ ♡ ♡ mandatory world tour 2016 ♡ ♡
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I only ever saw the deleted scene
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Sailor-Polka-Moon wrote:It was brilliant and SHOULD have been kept in! Can we know why it was deleted? ;A;!!
I think the short version is "for time" since every episode has to be exactly 21:30. This episode had three A-guests (The Lonely Island) and two B-guests (Gil Faizon and George St. Geegland), so there was a lot to fit into this episode.

There may be a long version of the answer, too, but you'll have to tweet @ScottAukerman and ask him!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

I think we can all agree that the most important thing happening this episode was Al's reltionship with BETH, so if anything should have been cut it should have been from the B guest interview, alrhough I know how beloved Gil and George are, but the b guest part never felt right to me here. Surely some laughing could have been cut to save Al's dance with BETH!! That was the story of this ep. Or even like, Scott's shredding guy thing coulda been moved to a different episode (but I guess he wouldn't want that :rolleyes: ).

I don't blame the editors for this. It's just sad that the episode had to work out this way. Al has his first main story on CBB and a chunk of it gets cut?? That dance did not look like his normal dance moves, that was like going for accuracy there. Did he have to learn choreography and they decided to cut that out and leave in a bunch of guys laughing on a couch and Scott ripping up papers?? Oy vey.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

yankochick38 wrote:I don't blame the editors for this.
All I can say is the dance was in the Editors Cut when Scott watched it for the first time... :F
yankochick38 wrote:Did he have to learn choreography
Yes, there was a choreographer - the great Kat Burns - on set for this routine!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

I finally got hold of Season 4/5, and this is going to be the first episode of either I'll watch! (mainly for the making out scene i hear of and have seen screenshots of)

REVIEW LATER, GUYS! Also Jon I will be very excited to see your cameos - you deserve it man. Your hard work on Season 3 (the only season you've worked on that I've seen) along with the other crew has really made the show great and enjoyable.

Here's to another 3 good seasons, Jon!
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

OK GUYS! MY FIRST EPISODE OF SEASON 5 - REVIEW!!!

THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS and some sexual stuff because it is about al in a relationship with a robot and i have a sexual crush on him so i WILL freak out. DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS YOU ARE JON AND/OR YOU HAVE WATCHED THE EPISODE

This is mostly bits I liked but I'll give some critique to not be a stinky winky girly

"Hey babe, what's shakin'? VA VA VA VOOM!"
I was not ready for Al to be in bed with me naked beside me what is this?

I love Al's blazer and Scott's usual thick sweater they look so happy and joyful together
Scott reminds me of when I was eight, going to primary school, I would wear jumper, polo shirt and skirt all the time. Good ole days

You're right Scott, Al does look pimp

"You're no longer gonna have to be the fifth wheel when I go on my dates with 3 women" Oh Scott, you know one of those women would be me.

"Favourite Movie Outlist: Boobs are butts? YES PLEASE!" The fact Al entered this in the SURVEY I'M DYING

"One question - DID YOU SAY YOU'RE DATING A ROBOT" I love the way Scott's face dramatically changes

"Romance with a human being is just too much trouble" I wouldn't Al |)

AL'S FACE AS THE LADY ARRIVES IT IS FILLED WITH JOY OM-

Al's face as BETH comes out though

"Greetings Weird Al. I am BETH" Reminds me of the emotionless but always joyful Japanese text-to-speech on Google Translate but with a slightly American accent. Heather did the voice acting for her really well

VA VA VA VOOM BOI

His face as he turns around to the camera ughh

"I've heard of How I Met Your Mother... but How I Met Your Motherboard? I'VE NOT HEARD OF THAT" SCOTT NO COMEDY BANG BANG IS HOW I MET YOUR MOTHERBOARD

AL DOING THE THEME AND NARRATING THE VOICEOVERS OMG

Lovin the new titlecard and Al's "uh-huh" right there. Now we're getting a bit more "modernised" here for Comedy Bang Bang. Just the way I like it

"Steel Pizzaman"

Scott loving his beer. Reminds me of my dad a little, he's right into the Scottish drinking spirit

Al's fancy intro once he does enjoy his beer

"Why don't you spin around until I can get a big look at that... bionic robot butt" AL NO

"Haven't had too much time for talking... if you know what I mean" AL MY LEGS HAVE NEVER FELT THIS WEIRD

"Hey hey... how about a kiss goodbye?" Al. No. OKAY YOU'RE PLEASURING ME AL I MUST ADMIT TO MY CRIME BABY

I love how he gives her a bitcoin haha

IT'S COMING
IT'S COMING
NO NO NO
THIS IS COMING
and it comes out and while i feel so pleasured as I wasn't expecting this scene to go that quick I was expecting it to be dramatic just WELL DONE WRITING CREW

Hankovic's tongue must've really enjoyed that

Al's beautiful face as he lets her go from the oral
He goes into his smirk
A smirk of pleasure.

As the tongue locks away, he just SMIRKS
OH MY GOD.

"oh god"
THE WHISTLE AFTER AL'S SUBTILE INNUENDO OH MY GOD

Jon you must explain the filming process, I need it for scientific research

"And I'm not just talking about sex stuff" oh scott

Al's intro as The Lonely Island come in yes that's good

OH NO
I DIDN'T WATCH THE MOMENT WHERE THEY GOT MURDERED
I HAVE TRUTHFULLY COMMITTED A CRIME
*jumps out of window, revives via ghost and goes back into seat to watch this and type

BLORP BLORP BLORP BLORP BLORP

AL DOING THE BLORP

I love the reaction shots. They are so expressive in a way and I just love it, it shows Al so much.

Al covering his ears at the softie alert and his face while he does it reminds me of how I used to look when there was a loud noise (i was sensitive to noise back in the day)

"We all know Al like Wartongue from the Lord of the Ring movies"

"WHAT"

"*impersonation* wartoungeeee"
I didn't understand that reference because I am not a nerd but that was hilarious

"You're the only reason why we're on this stage today" AND HIS FACE WHILE HE FEELS SO THANKFUL AWWWWWW

"We are all great French kissers, and we have very long tongues" Al I don't want TLI to do that stuff to me please tell me all that stuff

HAHA AUSTIN POWERS MOVIE REFERENCE I DON'T GET BUT IS STILL FUNNY BECAUSE OF THEIR REACTIONS LIKE IT'S REAL

"Yes, baby." "I KNEW IT!" Scott is so impressed that they get it and all life goes back to normal

Al just making the "just right" symbol like omg ded

HAHA THE LONELY ISLAND MERCH RANGE

"Moxy Rufus" oh come on don't make fun of glam rock like david bowie was the only good glam rock artist

"just an island that's lonely or something" Good logo idea

THE CRAP STAIN ON THE SHIRT HOW DID THAT GET THERE :lol:

So what was the title card is now a fancy new logo for CBB? NIIIIIIIICEEEEE

The OKComputer advert thoughhhh

The shameless puns in the advert though, I would totally get an OKComputer

Al while he plays the synthy-vocoder-thing (trust me I know what that is I know of a little band-thingy called ELO they use it all the time) is just ded.

"Al, do you have a question for our guests?"
"YEAH, BETHY BABY, WHERE ARE YA?"
Best question 10/10 - IGN

IT COMES IN!
"Come here you hot to-mally!" what is that supposed to mean? to-mally? what sort of drug has al been doing

"Perhaps a romantic moonlit stroll on the beach?" OK AL WILL RESPOND TO THIS SEXUALLY I KNOW IT
"how about we just go back to my place for a little, as the french call it, le dry humping" AL I KNEW IT AND ISN'T THAT THE ONLY THING YOU COULD DO WITH A ROBOT IN SEXUAL TERMS EXCEPT FOR THE KISSING AND ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU'RE MEANT TO DO FOR ME? AL I HATE YOU MAN YOU'RE A CHEATER YOU CHEAT ON ME

"Affirmative... I guess" Just what I would say... then I would drag Al into my bedroom for the le dry humping |)

"Wow, that was something." Oh boy Scott it sure was

Finally a teacher who could agree with the kids

"RIP NUMBER TWO THIS IS HOW WE DO RIGHT?" scott no

OK the tearing is just too far

KEVIN MACLEOD MUSIC DURING THE EXPLANATION AS TO WHY HE RIPS UP THE STUFF HE LIKES I CAN TELL JON CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM THIS.

"I swear on this bible I will not rip it up"

Rips it up anyways Scott I will never trust you

"Sexual conduct policy" At this point I am convinced this episode is themed around sexual relationships because the amount of sexual references and everything with BETH it is so much

Ripmaster Rick, haha

These two people look like Jeff Lynne when he finally turns 90

*skipped the scene, out of my interest

"I'd love to, Scott, but I have plans with BETH"
"le dry humping" just came into my mind again

"We're eating out tonight, if you know what eye-"
"Al, there is something I need to tell you, we should break up."
scott walking away in disgust and RIP AL X BERTIE OR WHATEVER HER NAME WAS

"I didn't say we could see this coming... we should go our separate ways." I'm crying

"... but please, don't cry..." "I am not" weirdest breakup ever

"Oh... that's right.. you can't" Al don't go into depression please bby I will be your new girl

"I can.. I'm just not"

Al explaining it like a nerd... hahaha so hilarious *takes off glasses, makes serious face* HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I WENT HAHAHA?

"I went to an urologist... I got a q-tip lodged in my p-hole" Al is so out of character but I love it, it's amazing to see him be like this for once

"whad does teh un saggi bub say 2 da otha saggi bub? if we dont get suport, peepol will thunk we're nuts" Al no bad boy

"we like boobs" AND I PAUSED ON THE MOMENT JON'S NAME CAME UP

Jon is forever alone as post-supervisor. RIP JON, once I become qualified with the BBC I'll join ya some day I PROMISE

It's over... I am as ded as the wolf (haha so funny so original)

Jon. Four words.

8 out of 10.
The zooming on the make-out scene went way too fast for me making the moment feel a bit unorthodox, please tell the writers or whoever controls that to improve next time there is a scene like this with al hurling for make-out and I'll reconsider because you are such a nice man.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TERRIBLE SPOILING THAT HAPPENS AS A RESULT, IT SAID READ AT YOUR OWN RISK AT THE TOP PLEASE.

DO NOT QUOTE THIS, IF YOU DO YOU COULD RISK PROBABLY GETTING SOME PUNISHMENT AS A RESULT OF SHARING SPOILERS
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Heds wrote: "Steel Pizzaman"
Glad you liked the episode, but this was actually Steel Pizzapan (which makes a bit more sense).
Heds wrote:Jon you must explain the filming process, I need it for scientific research
Regarding the makeout scene? Essentially, Al stuck his tongue out on set, sometimes toward nothing and other times making out with wires with added goop in order to make it properly gross. Then Hank stuck his tongue out in the edit bay, then it was merged together through the magic of Adobe After Effects and other visual effects software! Let me know what else you are wondering about.
Heds wrote:KEVIN MACLEOD MUSIC DURING THE EXPLANATION AS TO WHY HE RIPS UP THE STUFF HE LIKES I CAN TELL JON CAN YOU PLEASE CONFIRM THIS.
All of the music used in this section is royalty-free music from the APM music library. I checked for you, and MacLeod is not listed as a composer for any of these pieces.
Heds wrote:Jon. Four words.

8 out of 10.
The zooming on the make-out scene went way too fast for me making the moment feel a bit unorthodox, please tell the writers or whoever controls that to improve next time there is a scene like this with al hurling for make-out and I'll reconsider because you are such a nice man.
I've let the editors know that you felt this way.
Heds wrote:DO NOT QUOTE THIS, IF YOU DO YOU COULD RISK PROBABLY GETTING SOME PUNISHMENT AS A RESULT OF SHARING SPOILERS
Oops, I quoted this! X*
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

I really need to catch up on CBB. Just my luck, when Al was announced as joining the show, my cable provider dropped the channel. Then, they brought it back but put it in an expensive tier I don't subscribe to, and honestly... they change things around so much I have no clue if it's even available to me now. I absolutely cherish anything new with Al on TV. :)
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!