For discussion Comedy Bang Bang shows that feature Al

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

CBB 503 - "Tony Hale"

Post by TMBJon »

Tony Hale Wears a Blue Flannel Shirt and Fuchsia Sneakers

This episode debuts Friday (6/10) at 11! Featuring Tony Hale and B-guest "Big Sue" played by Lauren Lapkus.

Promo:
https://twitter.com/comedybangbang/stat ... 8392508416" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, that's me in the cold open getting lunch. My motivation for this scene was that I think I'm the third friend in the trio of Scott and Al, even though it's clear from the scene they don't notice me at all.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Heds
Obsessed

Re: Weird Al on IFC's Comedy Bang! Bang!

Post by Heds »

Guys, I'm unsure if you noticed this, but there's an error with Jon in the promo:
You can see that Jon is in the line at the beginning, with a bright face as Al says there's pizza.
BUT THEN after that TV show star steals it or sometime after that he disappears, and we see him again at the table.
How could Jon have gotten his lunch? Could you explain, Jon? What it hidden for us to notice?
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Heds wrote:Guys, I'm unsure if you noticed this, but there's an error with Jon in the promo:
You can see that Jon is in the line at the beginning, with a bright face as Al says there's pizza.
BUT THEN after that TV show star steals it or sometime after that he disappears, and we see him again at the table.
How could Jon have gotten his lunch? Could you explain, Jon? What it hidden for us to notice?
You can still see him in the background getting food, so between the time it switches to a one shot on Scott and the time when he finishes introducing the Myth Debunkers, Jon finished serving his food, and sat down.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Yeah there does appear to be time enough for Jon to get his food in all the time that the camera isn't near him.

I must say it does hurt my little Aukervic heart to see Scott ditching Al so cruelly. ;(
Love and peace.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Hey folks, totally understand the controversy here. Hope I can help.
We shot this scene about 20 times, and I did the exact same movement every time: I got in line behind Al and grabbed a tray. I start scooping the slop as Scott is confronted by the Teen Wolf star, then while they're talking I cross over to the table where the whole crew is sitting. Technically I would have crossed camera if they stayed on the two shot of Al and Scott, but instead we cut to each of the different TV show tables. We did perform the scene in real time, so I really did have enough time to get to that table by the time you see us sitting there.

I can only hope this clears things up, and we can all move on now.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: CBB 503 - "Tony Hale"

Post by Big Spoon »

Loved the Teen(age) (Were)wolf stuff tonight. I have a friend who was obsessed with that show for a while, so it was fun to see it getting ribbed into.
Tony Hale was fantastic. The shot of him sleeping on the couch as it cut back to the main set was great. Little surprised we didn't see any of Matt Walsh (err... the bald guy with the mustache. Think it went to University Of California Berkley for those that don't know), considering the Veep connection.
Speaking of which, Tony not being able to come up with a way to shorten Vice Principal was amazing. :lol:
And Peggy
chickadee
Regular

Post by chickadee »

Well...of course Al's reactions to what's going on are always great.
But, when he joined the crowd and yelled "Fight!" I lost it. It's just so unexpectedly out of character.
And then his joy at Scott's declaration that everybody would get plastic surgery cracked me up.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

It reminded me of that one "Weird Al Show" episode I don't really remember that well. You know, the one where Al was a jerk to his friend(s).
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

omg wolf mode *dies laughing*
Love and peace.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Behind the scenes of this episode!

Here is Scott, Big Sue (Lauren Lapkus), Tony Hale, and Al:

Obligatory Selfie!

And here's a really creepy shot of my POV during the lunch line opening. (Sorry, Al!!! #doicreepyouout )