For discussion Comedy Bang Bang shows that feature Al

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

CBB 516 - "Ben Folds"

Post by TMBJon »

Ben Folds Wears a Black Button Down and Jeans

When Scott's estranged family stops by, Ben Folds drops by to talk about his new start-up business. Plus, "Weird Al" Yankovic shows his new sports documentary, and world-traveler Martin Moreland stops by the couch.

We were working on some voiceover work for one of the earlier episodes, and I mentioned to Al that it would be cool if Ben Folds were a guest on CBB. He agreed, then the next thing I knew Ben was booked as a guest. Al later told me he asked Ben to do it soon after I made the suggestion! (T)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Heds
Obsessed

Re: CBB 516 - "Ben Folds"

Post by Heds »

Thanks Jon! (T)
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

"Did you say ten grand?" "No, I said ten thousand dollars, but they mean the same thing." I LOVE PEDANTIC JOKES OMG XD

I also loved the moment when Scott walked out and Al got into the seat to throw to commercial, only to realize he had to play them out, too. :lol: And the whole segment with Al playing the boxer, that was pretty good. Just how many pictures did you guys shop him into XD that must have been a bit of a job.

And of course the Aukerman family would only visit him for his money. :rolleyes: Those sweet, sweet, 200 viewer talkshow host big bucks. :lol:
Love and peace.
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

The boxer segment was so funny! I thought it was very well done. Sucks that he lost to the pastor, though
conk or bepis
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

This episode was originally written as a spoof of a different tv show, but due to cast scheduling and availability issues they had to scrap that idea and instead create a mostly original episode with a slight nod to Empire (the character "Cracker" :rolleyes: ). Any guess as to which show this episode was originally going to parody?

As far as the photoshop job, we had the best graphics team in the business and this segment was definitely one of their biggest jobs of the season!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
senorconebra
Be jealous.
Awards: OA in Tweeting/Social Media (2015)
Best Yankochick (-18 Division, 2015)

Post by senorconebra »

Kudos to them! They did a fantastic job
conk or bepis
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

“We love visiting you on your birthday. But since we forgot it, we figured four months later would be just as good”
“Did you say, 10 grand?” “No, I said 10 Thousand dollars, but they mean the same thing."
“All 200 people that watch this show are gonna know.”
Loved the entire segment of Al as Lou Canzoneri.
The priest being able to take down Lou as he hadn’t had sex his whole life, vs. Lou’s 8 months. Leading into the most successful people in any job are virgins, and the slideshow.

All in all, not my favorite episode, but it did have some fun moments thrown in there.
And Peggy