Weird Al on IFC's Comedy Bang! Bang!

For discussion Comedy Bang Bang shows that feature Al

Moderator: Moderators

Heds
Obsessed

Re: Weird Al on IFC's Comedy Bang! Bang!

Post by Heds »

I'm excited! :tacky: I already knew there would be more but still, doesn't mean I can't let a bit of HAPPINESS out :yay:
despite not having went ahead of Reggie-era episodes yet because Netflix UK is lazy
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Big Spoon wrote:How long is this midseason break going to be? Just a week or two, or is CBB more like South Park used to be with a few months between halves of the season? I know production is wrapped, I'm guessing the former, just want to check.
It's different every year depending on how many episodes we do. Last year with 40 episodes, it was a cycle of 10 weeks on 3 weeks off. This year, we aired our first ten already and will air the next ten in The Fall, exact dates TBA. (For what it's worth, we haven't finished working on any of those episodes yet!)
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

And Peggy
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

As if my day wasn't depressing enough... :(

Also, where will Jon go? He's basically lost his job...
No CBBTV? Nope, can't live anymore...
aaaa

//heds

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

It's true! This is the last season!
A tragedy for some and a great day for others!

I obviously don't know this for sure, but it seemed to me like Al was interested in doing another season and was disappointed to hear that he wouldn't get the opportunity. But the good news is that everyone involved in producing this show is interested in continuing to work with Al in some capacity, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Al working on another TV project some time in the future...
Heds wrote:Also, where will Jon go? He's basically lost his job...
No CBBTV? Nope, can't live anymore...
Well, this is kind of the nature of television production. No job in my industry is guaranteed for the long term, and the fact that I worked here for three years steadily is a major anomaly. However, I work (freelance) for Abso Lutely Productions, not Comedy Bang Bang, so I am hopeful to continue working with them on another project in the near future. In the meantime, we've got ten more episodes to finish up for you all, which I better get back to...
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

TMBJon wrote: Well, this is kind of the nature of television production. No job in my industry is guaranteed for the long term, and the fact that I worked here for three years steadily is a major anomaly. However, I work (freelance) for Abso Lutely Productions, not Comedy Bang Bang, so I am hopeful to continue working with them on another project in the near future. In the meantime, we've got ten more episodes to finish up for you all, which I better get back to...
I thought you were on CBB Post as some sort of independent dude (which to me never made sense anyways). Really great to hear you actually work at Abso Lutely rather than being one of those dumb dudes.

Anyways, have they assigned you already to a cool new project for after Post wraps up or are you still waiting? Keep me updated, would love to see more of your work soon ^_^
aaaa

//heds

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by TMBJon »

Heds wrote:I thought you were on CBB Post as some sort of independent dude (which to me never made sense anyways). Really great to hear you actually work at Abso Lutely rather than being one of those dumb dudes.
A show's post department (like all of its departments) is part of the production company that produces the show. When the show creator hires a production company, the main thing they are getting for their money is the crew. So the only so-called "dumb dude" who doesn't work for Abso is... well... Scott! ;)
Yankopunk
Addicted

Post by Yankopunk »

NO! :(

Well, hopefully Al is back on our televisions in the near future in some other capacity (if that's what he wants, of course). Everyone has done a fantastic job on this show and I wish them the best in the future. :)
The greatest thing a human being can do is make another person happy. If I can ever help do that for you, just let me know!
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Well, Al does still have "Milo Murphys' Law" in the works at Disney XD (however long THAT may last). I can see why Al must be disappointed right now but hey, at least this gives him some free time to do things like write new music, make cameos on other shows and FOD type web productions or take on another TV project that Abso Lutely might want to do with him.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Sappho
Obsessed
Location: Hiding in Al's lustrous hair (but not in a creepy way).

Post by Sappho »

Such disappointing news. And just as I was starting to get into it, too. Isn't that always the way.
Love and peace.