Squeeze Box: The Complete Works of "Weird Al" Yankovic

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Re: Al's 14 albums, digitally remastered and inside a box

Post by minnick27 »

You called it from the start to the possible Alpocalypse that wiped al out which implies alpocalyse was the last album

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

(At least one) bonus disc of rarities please! We need "School Cafeteria" and "Take Me Down" remastered.
eleventhirtyfour
Occasional

Post by eleventhirtyfour »

OMG this sounds awesome. Definitely needs unreleased tracks though (at least 1 per album). AND fully restored artwork. None of that blank pages stuff. Maybe even extra pictures on each album from the appropriate eras.
twitter.com/allenpwilliams
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Welp, there goes all of my money!

I do hope it either features restored album art/lyrics, or entirely new liner notes with lyrics, fun notes, and production info.

I also would love a 'rarities' disc, but I have a feeling that might not happen. If it did, it'd be cool to see "School Cafeteria" and "Take Me Down" officially released to a weirder audience. I'd also love some of the Dr. Demento demos, like "Yoda" and "I Love Rocky Road", and pretty much the entirety of the "Bus" EP. Hmm, I s'pose it could happen.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I'd buy if the blank ones had some liner notes and unseen photos from those times, live photos, that'd be awesome! Otherwise, I got my Al collection. Extra discs of some sort should be included I agree.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Please include a rarities disc!!! And how about a release on vinyl while we're at it??
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Way_Moby wrote:I also would love a 'rarities' disc, but I have a feeling that might not happen. If it did, it'd be cool to see "School Cafeteria" and "Take Me Down" officially released to a weirder audience. I'd also love some of the Dr. Demento demos, like "Yoda" and "I Love Rocky Road", and pretty much the entirety of the "Bus" EP. Hmm, I s'pose it could happen.
I'm not even asking for previously unreleased stuff (though that'd be awesome and would be a great selling point); just a convenient assemblage of officially-issued rarities (all the stuff listed above, plus "Jurashiku Park," "Spy Hard," "Polkamon," the BHD-era B-sides, etc.--we should compile a list) all in one place. In the 2016 music market, I don't really understand why any record company would release a set of this sort without a decent amount of bonus material if they expect fans to repurchase it. Even Jimmy Page was forced to include a bonus disc for each Led Zeppelin album when they reissued them recently.

And yeah, vinyl debuts for the post-UHF/pre-Alpocalypse albums would be awesome. Again, in the 2016 music market, that should be a no-brainer.
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

I own all the albums on CD already, but yeah, if there was a bonus disc with unreleased/non-studio album songs (Crazy Cow Therapist?), I'd probably cave and buy the new set.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

drewdy9999 wrote:I own all the albums on CD already, but yeah, if there was a bonus disc with unreleased/non-studio album songs (Crazy Cow Therapist?), I'd probably cave and buy the new set.
If they release Crazy Cow Therapist on this collection, I will buy ten.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Jigawatt
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Moderator: 2010
Former Multi-Time Best Avatar (Non-Photo): 2003-2009
Best Avatar: 2015

Post by Jigawatt »

yankochick38 wrote:If they release Crazy Cow Therapist on this collection, I will buy ten.
CCT is closing in on its 10th anniversary, so maybe it's finally time! And buying 10 in honor of that anniversary does seem appropriate. :Y
"Then you had Muppets and Hispanics and William Shatner."

PMFL!