17%
My listening habits aren't going to change at all
50%
Other (please post!)
6%

Total votes: 18

QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Re: How are you prepping for Squeeze Box?

Post by QuantumError »

Good idea, Jon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

I'm doing nothing to prep - but being SO SAD not being rich enough to afford it. I could get a T-shirt or poster, but, man. Even with Al they're really overpriced. So what I'm doing for prep - being sad but still listen to Al just as much :)
ell
Occasional

Post by ell »

I'm doing nothing to prep - but being SO SAD not being rich enough to afford it. I could get a T-shirt or poster, but, man. Even with Al they're really overpriced. So what I'm doing for prep - being sad but still listen to Al just as much :)
JPK

Post by JPK »

I'm definitely going to be listening to Al a little less in the months that precede the release. I'm sure I am going to listen to Squeezebox altogether several different times and the individual albums a lot, so I want to avoid getting burnt out. I'm actually planning on listening to "Don't wear those shoes" for the first time on Squeezebox. For whatever reason its the only album track that I have not heard, so I intentionally avoided it to save it for some special occasion. Squeezebox seems significant enough. I have always seen it ranked as a mediocre song but I am excited since either way, it will be new to me.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Ooh, that's awesome. Yeah, I wouldn't raise my expectations too high for "Don't Wear Those Shoes," but it's not a bad song. Just curious, how did it end up being the one song you've never heard?

And it looks like there's a super deluxe Sgt. Pepper release coming out next month, so I'm going to put a moratorium on listening to that album (unless I need to for my Beatles ranking), although much like Al's catalog I've heard it so much that it's not really necessary. It'll just get me more excited to hear it again.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I still say the Sgt Pepper soundtrack album is far superior to the Beatles recording.

I'm not gonna cut out Al, I just love him too much. And since I don't have a CD player at home I can't even listen to them when they come in until I rip them at work or i find someone else's rips.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
SmadaNave
Occasional

Post by SmadaNave »

I've actually been manually loudening and updating all my old albums in preparation for "Squeeze Box".
Using tracks from "The Essential Weird Al Yankovic", I'm utilizing Windows Movie Maker to louden the rest of the songs on each album.
I've noticed that it's only the first six albums (" 'Weird Al' Yankovic" to "UHF") that has that lower sound quality (meaning the older tracks sound lower in volume compared to the newer ones).
For some albums, I've also been taking the versions from "Greatest Hits Volume II" [I don't have Volume 1]. I've made my way up to Bad Hair Day thus far.
I've also made my own "Medium Rarities" album folder containing all of the other songs and alternate versions of songs ripped from YouTube [music videos (Bedrock Anthem, Jurassic Park, Handy, Foil, CNR, Perform This Way, etc.), live performances (Tacky, Word Crimes, Ricky), a couple songs that are actually on the Rarities album (Haircut, Headline News, TNSWC Gory, the single version of UHF) and there's some concert-only songs from Temporary Internet Files I have (Thank U Fast Food, Free Delivery & I'm N Luv Wit Da Skipper) that I still have to move to my Rarities folder as well].
I started out trying to do one album a day, but then I forgot, and on April 1st, I got through three albums that day to catch up. Not having good-quality versions of "When I Was Your Age" and "Taco Grande" (my OTDE album was overplayed so much as a kid, there's a hole in the CD that wouldn't play or even rip from the CD for those parts anymore). I actually re-got "WIWYA" and finally got "Taco Grande" again (it has been AGES since I heard it; it being the only song throughout Al's entire catalog I haven't heard in a long time, even forgetting how some of it goes) and now I can't get enough of it!
I've done things that'd probably make you lose your brain
'Cause I could surely act the same... THAT'S MY DISGUISE!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I've gotten to the point where if an Al song comes on my shuffle while driving, I tend to skip it. The only exceptions being a few of my favorites (Airline Amy, Melanie, Skipper Dan, and a handful of others.) I'll probably cut those out, too, closer to November.
And Peggy
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

One thing I've been thinking about...

When it comes to the remasters, do people put them in their music libraries alongside the original albums, or replace the originals with them?
And Peggy
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Replace. I am looking forward to all the albums being at the same volume, so when I shuffle songs, I don't blow out my eardrums going from Even Worse to Mandatory Fun
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic