Lousy Haircut

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Driew_La_27 @ Jun 25 2004, 05:19 PM wrote: I guess Al wrote it if Dave says he did, then he must've. Okay continue on. :P
I never said he wrote it. :huh:

But he did. :P

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

I think it's a bit unfair to compare the "Lousy Haircut" video clip with "Living in the Fridge's."

"Haircut" was essentially a quick visual gag set to music, whereas "Fridge" was already a full-blown song that could very well have had its own four-minute video in 1993 but didn't. I don't know what the point is, but to me it seems almost like comparing the live performance of "Wanna B Ur Lovr" with one of the medley-only parodies. They're very different animals.

I do like the "Haircut" clip, even though most likely a full-length version of that would probably get old real fast, while I do wish there was a whole video for "Fridge."
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

CatraDhtem @ Jun 25 2004, 10:35 PM wrote: while I do wish there was a whole video for "Fridge."
You and me both. But probably for very different reasons. Mine involve spandex. :sly:
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

scottidog @ Jun 26 2004, 01:42 AM wrote: You and me both.  But probably for very different reasons.  Mine involve spandex. :sly:
Hmm, should I go for the funny response or the scared response....
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

It's one joke, unfortunatly...but it could've been really funny had it been a longer visual gag. Still, I'd love to have this one on cd...Hey, it's longer than Harvey!
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

CatraDhtem @ Jun 26 2004, 07:16 AM wrote: Hmm, should I go for the funny response or the scared response....
There is nothing scary about Al in Spandex. :stern:

Unless, of course, you're concerned about the decimation of the wild Spandex herds of North America. :o
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Jun 26 2004, 02:13 AM wrote: Unless, of course, you're concerned about the decimation of the wild Spandex herds of North America. :o
Silly OE, Spandexian wild cattle are native to Australia, Land of Zoological Oddities. :P
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

The Sporkman @ Jun 26 2004, 12:41 PM wrote: Silly OE, Spandexian wild cattle are native to Australia, Land of Zoological Oddities. :P
:lol:
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

The Sporkman @ Jun 26 2004, 05:41 PM wrote: Silly OE, Spandexian wild cattle are native to Australia, Land of Zoological Oddities. :P
No, if I remember correctly, in spite of the similarity in names (it's kind of like American Buffalo-- which should be bison-- and Water Buffalo), the Australian Spandexian is actually a different species, more closely related to the Nauga.

The North American Spandex is in the Ibex family.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
The Sporkman
Addicted

Post by The Sporkman »

Oh, sorry, my mistake.

Spandexians -- such amazing animals... You know, they're unique in that they're more valuable to medical science alive than dead: their tight hides allow scientists to actually see impressions of internal organs in action, which is far more impressive the sorts of dead, exposed viscera you see in dissected animals.