Spy Hard

Moderator: Moderators

Lemmy
Occasional

Post by Lemmy »

I think it's the first time I ever actually saw what he looked like and the greatest movie opening ever.

I really like the song, but it's not strong on its own. ESPECIALLY the line, "The name of this movie is Spy Hard" because it makes no sense without it being in a movie called Spy Hard.

I love the video, but only the version with the title interaction.
We all have cell phones. So, come on. Let's get real.
adoggie

Post by adoggie »

I like this song! I remember when the movie was out too. I never did get to see it.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I remember renting Spy Hard years ago without knowing Al did the opening sequence. Sadly, it was the funniest part of the movie. And although I agree it doesn't really make sense to hear 'the name of this movie is Spy Hard!' outside of the context of watching the movie, this is one of my favorite Al tracks ever. The look Al gives when his name appears on the screen is hilarious, as is the rest of the video; I was glad to see it included on the DVD collection.
taste is only something if it is yours.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Mmm. The video certainly does add more to it when the song is only alone. I love it with the video for its interactions. I always loved the part where Al is holding the note so long, he looks at his watch, then his head explodes.
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Or how about when the "larger" ladies go swimming by in the background? That is an unbelievably great parody of the Bond movie openings.
Tronno
Occasional

Post by Tronno »

Spy Hard was on last night on Aussie television.. I taped it, might watch it later tonight.

I caught the beginning and the end though, and I had to say, I liked during the end credits how the lyrics at the end of the song were changed to "The name of this movie was Spy Hard, They called it Spy Hard, You just saw[B/] Spy Hard", etc.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Yeah I always wished they'd have put that version on the Spy Hard single also. Oh well.
WeirdSolo
Occasional

Post by WeirdSolo »

I actually have the movie saved on my DVR at the moment...

I really like Leslie Nielsen, and I think Spy Hard is pretty funny, though not even close to the Naked Guns & Airplane!.

As far as the intro goes, I love it. The perfect Bond parody.
How many molecules are in Leonard Nimoy's butt anyway?
MaleHeffer
Addicted
Location: In The Middle Of Missouri, which hasn't had an AL sighting since 1992

Post by MaleHeffer »

its is a great openin....er....sequence. i've never seen it with all the titles in it, so i bet it would be funnier. while it saying "the name of the movie's spy hard", when its not in a movie seems weird, i get the idea so it makes it funny.
"MaleHeffer"
AL Team #1227

Still depressed i missed this last tour...
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

The only ones Al interacts with are the one he smacks out of the way, and of course his name. The other titles are just there.
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela