07/16/2019 - Wolf Trap - Vienna, VA

2019 - Plus a full orchestra!

Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

07/16/2019 - Wolf Trap - Vienna, VA

Post by Elvis »

Tickets don't go on sale until February, but I plan to be there, sitting somewhere! Will be eating at the restaurant beforehand if anyone want to join me. :flower:

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Re: 07/16/2019 - Wolf Trap - Vienna, VA

Post by Elvis »

Tickets on sale 2/23.
The first set of Wolf Trap Summer 2019 shows are here! Check out the lineup → wolftrap.org/summer

Public on sale 2/23. Members buy first! Find out how → wolftrap.org/membership
Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

Going to this one with my husband (and possibly part of his family?!!) :accordion: We’ll have lawn seats at this point, but it’ll be great to see the National Symphony with Al!!
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
drewdy9999
Regular

Post by drewdy9999 »

I was at this show last night!!

The symphony was pretty great, and it definitely added to the show as a whole, most notably on the songs that were brought in for this tour (Jurassic Park, Weasel Stomping Day, Harvey the Wonder Hamster) and also Amish Paradise. The backup singers were also fantastic, and I hope they stick around even if the orchestra is a one-time thing! I thought it was a little strange how Al didn't play the accordion at all until Yoda. Obviously with a 72-piece orchestra, one accordion isn't going to make a huge difference, but I thought it at least would have been present for Twine Ball and Jackson Park Express like it was for the Vanity Tour.

While it was nice to see costume changes return and the show sounded fantastic, I couldn't help but feel that it was a really short set. I know that there are some contractual obligations limiting how long orchestras are allowed to play, but I think the whole show was only about an hour and fifteen minutes in length. Then, this morning it occurred to me... they didn't play Don't Download This Song last night! They went from Jurassic Park directly into Weasel Stomping Day. Effectively this show had one less song than all of the others on this tour so far. Anybody know what happened?