Moderators: Moderators, ConcertTracker

Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Strings Attached Setlist Predictions

Post by Muppetboy09 »

We are mere days away from the first Strings Attached show, so I think it's time to get this forum active again. And what better way than to predict the new setlist! There are a handful of songs that have already been confirmed, and we know that the setlist is 90 minutes max, so speculate away!

I've done a little number crunching, and the average costume change for the last tour lasted 2:34, meaning my predictions comes out at just over 84 minutes.
  • Fun Zone (w/ Orchestra)
    Tacky
    Weasel Stomping Day
    New Polka
    Sports Song
    Jackson Park Express

*Costume Change*
    Dare To Be Stupid
    *Costume Change*
    Fat
    *Costume Change*
    Smells Like Nirvana
    *Costume Change*
    Unplugged Medley (Abridged)
    Jurassic Park
    *Costume Change*
    White & Nerdy
    *Costume Change*
    Word Crimes
    *Costume Change*
    Amish Paradise

Encore:
    We All Have Cell Phones
    The Saga Begins
    Yoda
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
bermuda
Be jealous.

Re: Strings Attached Setlist Predictions

Post by bermuda »

Some yes, some no, some not listed. :)
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Post by RunningWithScissors »

bermuda wrote:Some yes, some no, some not listed. :)
You're awesome Bermuda :)

I kinda hope there's not a new polka. There very well might be, but.. mainly because I don't listen to current music XD. But it will still be cool if there is - But I'd rather there be another song in there somewhere.

What I would like to see, taken into account what we KNOW:

Fun Zone (w/ Orchestra)
Tacky
This Is The Life
Weasel Stomping Day
Virus Alert
Spy Hard
Jackson Park Express
*Costume Change*
Dare To Be Stupid
*Costume Change*
Fat
*Costume Change*
Unplugged Medley (Abridged)
Jurassic Park
*Costume Change*
White & Nerdy
*Costume Change*
Word Crimes
*Costume Change*
Amish Paradise

Encore:
The Saga Begins
Yoda

-I don't dislike Smells Like Nirvana but it's never been my favorite, and there has been speculation about him dropping it soon-ish. And with him pulling out Jurassic Park, I also wouldn't mind him just switching them out for this tour and bringing SLN back next time.

Also, I could live without the costume changes - except maybe Fat. I think that's the only one he'd HAVE to change for. I wouldn't mind if he cut the costume changes to make room for a regular melody, or another song.

Edit: Also also, I would really love Pancreas, but I don't know that would work vocal wise - I would honestly love it if during a costume change, instead of videos, the orchestra just played Pancreas, or part of it.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I wanna hear Hamilton Polka and a shout out for an OBOE SOLO
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

Pancreas or death!
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

Yeah, I didn't bother to time these out or anything but this is my prediction as to what the setlist will be based partly in what has been revealed/confirmed and what I might realistically like to see based on what we know about the overall theme of the tour. Here goes...

Tacky
The Hamilton Polka
Foil
Weasel Stomping Day
Sports Song
Pancreas
Nature Trail To Hell
Jackson Park Express
Perform This Way
Dare To Be Stupid
Fat
Smells Like Nirvana
Jurassic Park
Unplugged Medley (Eat It/I Lost On Jeopardy/I Love Rocky Road/Like A Surgeon)
White & Nerdy
Word Crimes
Amish Paradise

ENCORE:
The Saga Begins
Yoda
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
OneWAY
Obsessed

Post by OneWAY »

Is there a consensus that the regular medley is gone? Or, is that in response to the whole "90 minute show" thing?

If it's out, that is pretty interesting, and kinda sad lol. I liked having 10-ish songs jammed out in a row. It also helps bring diversity in the set, so I hope we're not down to the four song unplugged one only.
8/26/08, 7/15/10, 7/16/10, 7/17/10, 11/5/10, 9/22/11, 9/24/11, 9/25/11, 4/30/12, 10/19/13, 5/19/15, 8/19/15, 8/21/15, 7/16/16, 3/3/18, 3/22/18, 4/20/18, 4/27/18, 6/14/19, 6/15/19, 6/21/19, 9/1/19, 5/31/22, 6/1/22, 9/4/22, 9/30/22, 10/1/22, 10/7/22
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

OneWAY wrote:Is there a consensus that the regular medley is gone? Or, is that in response to the whole "90 minute show" thing?
I think people were basing this assumption on the fact that the setlist from the 2016 Hollywood Bowl shows had the regular non acoustic/unplugged medley edited out.

We know he did that partly due to time constraints since he had an opening act for those two shows but I suspect another reason he did that was that he thought songs like "Handy", "Inactive" and "Pentiums" among others just wouldn't sound like they worked with a full orchestra behind them.

Honestly, none of us can say for sure what he's going to be doing for the duration of this tour as far as medlies are concerned (until at least late Wednesday night) so there's a chance we'll get a more conventional medley in addition to the unplugged one but I think even Al himself wants to make this setlist as different from the Mandatory World tour as possible so he might forego the regular type of medley again for this tour in favor of digging old deep cuts out of mothballs that are actually MEANT to be played with a full orchestra.
Last edited by Killingsworth on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Man, I am really hoping Mr. Popeil is done.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

weird_el wrote:I wanna hear Hamilton Polka and a shout out for an OBOE SOLO
I got an oboe solo!! She played On Wisconsin (our state song)
There was an all too brief clip of Al and Lin Manuel lip syncing Hamilton Polka.