2005 (Fourth) WOWAY Awards Chit Chat Topic

An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

thatoneguy
Obsessed

Post by thatoneguy »

Mad Genius @ Oct 29 2005, 03:09 PM wrote: The next thing was probably a bit of a stretch, like possibly having Matt Hodgson "That One Guy" host next year's awards along with Ryan, since he does such a great job doing it.
That would be fun!

I was thinking about making a WOWAY awards song for the next awards if it's going to be presented in shockwave again!
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

It was AWESOME! I finally got it to load and I giggled myself stupid when I saw the Fan art one.

Wow, so you guys really got Jon for this?

Hehe, you guys even had the drum set in there!
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Mad Genius wrote: The next thing was probably a bit of a stretch, like possibly having Matt Hodgson "That One Guy" host next year's awards along with Ryan, since he does such a great job doing it.
Subtract me from that (I’m not animating again for a while) and it sounds good.
Aron wrote: which ones did Jon voice in?
Tour Talk
Driew_La_27 wrote: Hey that's not my fault. Ryan used a crappy take. :P I gave him 3-4 takes of each, and he chooses the one in which I misprounce it. <_<
They all sucked :P
spacedingo wrote: Since we're on the subject, am I the only one who heard that "Facedingo" won Funniest Member?
That one was my fault. I cut the “s” out of it. You can hear it at the end of the previous audio clip…it is a cute nickname, though (so what’s he complaining about?!)
Jigawatt wrote: Ryan and Driew, great job on the presentation of the awards -- it was fantastic!
Thanks!
CatraDhtem wrote: I guess the only thing left unexplained is which one is the Raffi fan.
I chose all of the music and parody victims for the animations.
weirdalfan95 wrote: Ryan, where'd you get the music for the elevator part in the Tour Talk video? That sounds pretty darn close to something Pablo Montero (don't ask) would do...
The track is called Going Down? Off of the Conker’s Bad Fur Day soundtrack. You can hear it on the It’s War! Level right after he escapes the spider mines.
Akrovak wrote: Although, you did mispronounce AhhhKraVatchitchian a few times ....
Driew’s fault :lol:
Driew_La_27 wrote: *sigh* Its a funky name. I'm truly sorry. Next year if Ryan and I do it again (which I doubt) I'll just type the names out.
Doubt confirmed. It’ll be a looooong time before I do another one of those (it was fun but draining).

And typing the names out isn’t a very good idea either…

“And the winner of Best Fan Parodist is … *click* *click* *click* *click*!!”
queen_and_weirdal_fan wrote: Really great awards show, excellent detail, really funny. You get my point. Although, my screen name is queen_and_weirdal_fan, not queen_and_weird_al_fan.
Hey, you’re right! I never noticed that before. You made a typo!
thatoneguy wrote: I was thinking about making a WOWAY awards song for the next awards if it's going to be presented in shockwave again!
Good luck finding someone else to animate :F
Aron wrote: Wow, so you guys really got Jon for this?
Yep, that was the REAL Jon “Bermuda” Schwartz (top that, dingo!) :P
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

They all sucked :P

:lookaround:

That one was my fault. I cut the “s” out of it. You can hear it at the end of the previous audio clip…it is a cute nickname, though (so what’s he complaining about?!)

HA!!! In your face everyone! :P
In hiding since 2010
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, you can really only say "in your face" to Dingo, since he was the one who pointed it out.

:P
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

algonacchick @ Oct 30 2005, 09:28 PM wrote: Well, you can really only say "in your face" to Dingo, since he was the one who pointed it out.

Yeah well.... beat that Dingo!! Boo-ya!! :P
In hiding since 2010
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I've already proven I can't ever beat anyone when it comes to the WOWAY Awards.

Mine are even behind Sarley's :P
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

:lol: Poor dingo....your's were.....good.... :lookaround:
In hiding since 2010
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Driew_La_27 @ Oct 30 2005, 10:43 PM wrote: :lol: Poor dingo....your's were.....good.... :lookaround:
...kind of...if you're into that sort of thing...

Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

You guys did a fantastic job! The writing just kept me in stitches! I love the jabs and jibes between the hosts, you guys are such good sports! And Driew, you've never looked lovelier! Great animation Ryan, especially for TSLAP.

CutiePie would like to congratulate Anni, and acknowledge her superiority as a card player.

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, and having Jon was a stroke of genius. Thanks for all your hard work! :Y
...man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter.
-Joseph Addison