Christmas At Ground Zero

Moderator: Moderators

Zenith
Occasional

Post by Zenith »

It's one of my favorite Al songs. It's never failed to make me laugh, especially "I'll duck and cover with my yuletide lover underneath the mistletoe", haha.
-- Zenith
"This means something… this is important."
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

The first time I listened to this, I turned it off part way through, 'cos the lyrics scared me. :?
But now, I like it. It's a really funny song.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I actually prefer "The Night Santa Went Crazy," though both Christmas songs are good; and both are equally as twisted. Also, I actually really like the video for it. I believe it was the first video Al ever directed himself, was it not? Anyway, I love the way all the clips come together.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Radiogal1
Occasional

Post by Radiogal1 »

This is hands down the funniest Christmas song ever done. It also was the best song on "Polka Party". I was in my teens when CAGZ came out and really got the humor behind this song. I can tell from many of the posts from this thread that there are a lot of really young people here. People were really scared over the possiblity of a nuclear war or WWIII breaking out in the mid-80s. "Christmas At Ground Zero" was very timely when it came out. I can still remember just 2 years before CAGZ came out, there was this cheesy made for TV movie, which was about a nuclear war breaking out called "The Day After". This song reminds me of this campy movie.

Linda
Culture Club taught me love and acceptance and Weird Al taught me not to take life so seriously.
DareToBeStupid
Occasional

Post by DareToBeStupid »

I myself think that it's a great Al song and it's one that I don't skip when it comes Christmas time! Speaking of The Night Santa Went Crazy(which is also one of my favorites)wasn't there an extra gory version?
Don't Fear The Future-God Is Already There!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Yeah, on the Amish Paradise single. Only one verse was different from the original, though it was indeed funnier.
taste is only something if it is yours.
weirdal56206
Addicted

Post by weirdal56206 »

this is one of my favorite songs ever :onfire: :inlove: i have loved it since the first time i heard it
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I love this song, if anything, because it's so demented to sing about at such a good time of year.

Hence, the point of the song.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
M_Robertcop
Addicted

Post by M_Robertcop »

I thought it was funny. It still play it every holiday season.
You're gonna take a walk in the rain and you're gonna get wet... I predict.
Twinkies Are Yucky
Obsessed
Awards: honor roll 2002

Post by Twinkies Are Yucky »

I like this song. Cheerful music and not-so-cheerful lyrics go well together. :D