Least favorite Al song

Love the music and CD's of Weird Al? Do you have comments on it? You can post it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Pugly Wont
Occasional

Post by Pugly Wont »

My least favorite song would have to have no redeming qualities in terms of Humor and Music. There are many songs I like musically but dislike lyically, and conversly. So it is pretty hard for me to pick a song I absolutely dislike. It probably is down to either Girls Just Want to Have Lunch or The White Stuff. Those two I absolutely dislike Musically and lyically aren't that funny at all.

I think Girls Just Want to Have Lunch is my least favorite. The whole song just screams throw away song. And The White Stuff does have a few funny lines in it, more so then Lunch at least.

Yup my least favorite is Girls Just Want to Have Lunch, I may be biased though because of what Al said about the song.
Have a question about Mathematics, contact me and I'll do my best to answer it.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Mine would have to be "Gotta Boogie". That song just doesn't seem to fit in with all the great songs Al has done.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I think The Check's In The Mail, That Boy Could Dance, George of the Jungle, Don't Wear Those Shoes, Velvet Elvis, Attack of the Radioactive Hamsters From A Planet Near Mars, The Plumbing Song, Waffle King, So Sick of You, Truck Drivin' Song, and Party At The Leper Colony are the worst tracks on each CD.
Clyde the Viking
Occasional
Location: Oh, you know where I am. Mwa- ha- ha- ha- ha- cough- sputter- gag- choke!

Post by Clyde the Viking »

This is better than "Favorite" polls, because my head won't explode trying to pick a best.

Without a second thought my least favorite is "Velvet Elvis". I swear I've probably only heard it twice. First for the first time I had the album, second to see if I maybe liked it now. No, I didn't.

I think I need to listen to it a third time to see. I owe it to Weird Al, the song, album, and The Police. Well, not The Police, but whatever.
bigmac or a jumbojack

worst song

Post by bigmac or a jumbojack »

"I Can't Watch This"
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Least Favorite Al song

Post by WeirdDana27 »

Can't say there's one I don't like, but I could care less for: Genius In France, Christmas At Ground Zero, Germs, and others.

Dana
DustMite
Occasional

the one I don't like?

Post by DustMite »

After much debating, I think it's a toss-up between "Girls Just Wanna Have Lunch" (I can't stand how Al sounds singing it) or "Toothless People." "Toothless People" just didn't make me laugh. :dontgetit:
Organized people are just too lazy to search for anything.
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

GJWHL is supposed to sound that way. SO I hate it because I know Al hates it. It's ok to hate it. I think he was trying to make people dislike it so they don't try to tell him what to do anymore (GO AL! STICK IT TO THE MAN!)

Anywho, I don't dislike many of Al's songs, but of the ones I've heard I don't really like C@GZ, Germs (but then I didn't see it live :inlove:), P@TLC(although it's growing on me) and eBay, because I really hate the BSB.

TTyl!

~*Cat*~

^realizing what an odd sign off that was..
WeirdDana27
Addicted

hey

Post by WeirdDana27 »

Least favorite al song? Hmmm...Most of Al's songs are good, but I could certainly live with out:

"Bob"-my dad likes this one, but I'm not really familiar with the whole Bob Dylan thing, so this one didn't really appeal to me.

"Genius In France"-too long and too strange.

"Germs"-I don't see the humour in this song at all.

"Christmas At Ground Zero"-uh, I don't see the humour in this song either.

"Melanie"-I saw it performed live and although I know Al likes to write songs like that, it still is one I could live without.

Dana
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

Yeah, if you do a little research on Zappa and Dylan, you appreciate the two tributes more than you'd think!! I heard the song Al based Bob on and caught on right away. His voice is dead-on in that song.

I like GIF. Featuring BELA'S ALBUM DEBUT!!! :biggrin:

Another song I don't care for too much is "Buckingham Blues"..it's the only track on WAY I skip usually...too long and I don't get most of the jokes..

:stupid:

ttyl all!

~*cat*~

^still daring to be stupid, 3 years later....