2004 (First) WOWAY Awards

An annual WOWAY tradition since 1961.

Moderator: Moderators

Waldo318
Die-hard Fan

Post by Waldo318 »

What if each week we pick a catogory and open nominations for it (though PM), the person who collects the PMs would make a list of all the nominees. The next week we would create a poll with the nominees as the choices (everyone could vote for their favorite). If wanted we could lock conversation with it, or leave it open for people to discuss their choices. Each week along with the poll of nominees you could post the next weeks catagory and open nomintation for that as well. While the poll is going on we would be collecting the nominees for the next week. Each week would would have a voting for one catagory (except the first week) and nominations for another catagory (except the last week) going on until we have done all the catagories. Every week a new person would be a winner, and at the end of the whole thing a list of all the winners would be posted for all to see. It would be longer, but would keep every one active and involved in it (with little work). It would be as easy as running a survivor poll serries. This is just a thought of how to run this...If you have another or better way, by all means do it!
?
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

I can do that. :)
In hiding since 2010
Waldo318
Die-hard Fan

Post by Waldo318 »

I think one the big Survivor thing ends (March 1st) in the Polls & Games section, you may want to start this in there as a big event type thing! (may be even get it stickied by the mods), untill then you can collect catogories in here, and come up with a order to host them. Maybe even get award avatars created to give the winners, and stuff! Then kick this event off and watch the members have fun!

If you need help let me know, I'll be more than happy to lend a hand.
?
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

Driew_La_27 @ Feb 7 2004, 12:41 PM wrote: I can do that. :)
Are you responding to me, or Waldo?

*reads the remainder of Waldo's explanation*

Ok,

Well, I thought that it might be more suspensful to use PM's to vote, because you can see the results of a poll.

The second problem is, with nominations open to everybody, the polls would be even, because people would vote for whoever they nominated. The only way to stop this is to have a limited number of nominations, but this might not be fair to some. So, instead, we could combine the nominating and voting process.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

mewrio @ Feb 6 2004, 06:54 PM wrote:
Driew_La_27 @ Feb 7 2004, 12:41 PM wrote: I can do that.  :)
Are you responding to me, or Waldo?

*reads the remainder of Waldo's explanation*

Ok,

Well, I thought that it might be more suspensful to use PM's to vote, because you can see the results of a poll.

The second problem is, with nominations open to everybody, the polls would be even, because people would vote for whoever they nominated. The only way to stop this is to have a limited number of nominations, but this might not be fair to some. So, instead, we could combine the nominating and voting process.
Yeah we should limit the amount. And yes they should be done through pm's. Also let me know when we have a set list of categories. That way I can start to work on it.

We should make the amount a nominations to say 6 people at the max.
In hiding since 2010
Waldo318
Die-hard Fan

Post by Waldo318 »

Not everyone who vots needs to (or will) nominate someone, and maybe you could set a rule that you need at least 3 nominations to be put on the ballot, but with the nominations private, only the truly good ones will get though to the voting. And if the person soneone nominated did not get 3 (or however many you set it to) nominations they could vote for someone else. Plus durring the voting time, people could change their mind, or they may relize that someone listed is truly better.
?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

There are some obvious ones...Most Chatty Member (Scottidog, iisryan27), Funniest Member (dingo), Least Funny But Tries to Be Funny (Bruce the Duck)... :P
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

anthontherun @ Feb 6 2004, 07:02 PM wrote: There are some obvious ones...Most Chatty Member (Scottidog, iisryan27), Funniest Member (dingo), Least Funny But Tries to Be Funny (Bruce the Duck)... :P
Oooooo burn!

Anyways I've been thinking and I'm not to sure if I'll have the time or energy to set this up. I'm not even sure where to start.......I guess I just wait until we have all the categories or something..... :unsure:
In hiding since 2010
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Right now we have 23 categories (not counting the least funny but tries to be funny one). Four more and we're set.

Best Topic that Narrowly Avoided Being Locked
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.

Post by Driew_La_27 »

anthontherun @ Feb 6 2004, 07:27 PM wrote: Right now we have 23 categories (not counting the least funny but tries to be funny one). Four more and we're set.

Best Topic that Narrowly Avoided Being Locked
Okay. Just let me know when and how to start. I'm doing this blind folded. :P
In hiding since 2010